Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hurry up and wait...story of my life!

So I had my second interview with the hospice today. Yes, they want me. Currently, they only have a prn position open. This creates an issue...well, a few:

Issue 1: I'm in the middle of a divorce. A prn position will not allow me to create a new life. This means I need to get another prn position.

Issue 2: You can't get a prn hospital position as a new grad. They need 6 months at least of seeing you on the floor before you can move to prn. This means I need to get a full time job.

Issue 3: I'm 46. I don't have the energy of a 25 year old. How will I manage a full time job AND a prn position?

Issue 4: Our area hospitals require a 1 year agreement when hiring you full time. What happens if I take a full time job, only to have one open at the hospice?

I have no idea what I'm going to do. So for today, I'm going to count my blessings in getting the prn job, put in the training hours between now and graduation (as a volunteer and CNA...I'm not practicing without a license but will be training by observation with RNs), and take each day as it comes, trusting that the right opportunity is just waiting for me to take it.

Divorce is painful but there are still so many blessings to count!

No comments:

Post a Comment