Friday, February 15, 2013

At long last!

This week I finally had my ED rotation - the one I've been waiting two years for! It was so great to see everyone again and the day was great. It felt just like coming home in a way. I was hoping to grab the nursing director for a few minutes but she left before I had time to get to her. However, I've sent her an email and she has agreed to meet with me which is really positive. Not getting an externship in that department has really hurt my chances of getting hired there but I felt more at home in that department than in any other rotation I've done to date. It wasn't as crazy as usual. Don't get me wrong, I was constantly busy but there was only anywhere from 8-15 in waiting which is practically dead (unless you're the poor soul out there waiting 3-4 hrs). Saw some neat stuff but not one trauma on shift which is good for Joe Q. Public but not as exciting for me.

On the home front, I'm in quite the pickle. We are still $2,000 in the hole and still no idea where my next week's tuition payment will come from. So it looks like I will need to make the dreaded call to family this afternoon. At 45 years old, this is absolutely humiliating but they'll kill me if I don't graduate over something like that at this point. If you're so inclined, keep me in your prayers. With 84 days to go, this is not the time for everything to go to shit, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment