Sunday, January 13, 2013

Back into the fray...

Well, today is the last day of break. I'm spending it wisely, in jammies in front of movies. My marridiv partner and I had breakfast together this morning, grabbed some movie treats and appropriately zoned out for the afternoon. After six weeks of continuous drinking, I face a few nights of difficult sleep sans wine. My first clinical shift should take care of that. But first, a few days of endless no-cheating speeches, "be flexible" rants and "we don't like this any more than you do" tirades. Like we haven't been through this THREE times since last January already! I'm sure I'll be taking down a small rainforest in paper this week too. The waste in nursing school is obnoxious and I'm a plastic bag WM shopper. 16.5 weeks and I'll be treated like a grown up again. It really is weird going back to school at my age...being older than many of my teachers yet they can reduce me to 13 with the word "contract". I shouldn't bitch. I've really loved just about every minute of it. And I'm so blessed and grateful to be able to make this dream come true after so long. And I'll have a way to support myself if this marridiv goes to divomar over the next 6 months, without having to go back to the monotony of the IT world (even though the bank is better). Looking forward to what the next several months hold. Hang in there everybody...it's quite a ride, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment