Saturday, February 9, 2013

Obsession #3

So when I'm not studying, on the clinical floor or dreaming about hiking the AT, my third obsession is COOKING. It's had to stay on the backburner while I'm in nursing school (when time isn't an issue, energy usually is). However, with the weekend yawning ahead of me and no test next week, I do believe I'll give the family a reprieve from buying rotisserie chicken yet again and do some cooking. I've always been a food snob which is funny because when I was growing up, we were always broke so I grew up on lots of casseroles. But once I could start cooking myself, I experimented with all kinds of flavors. While in my 20s, I had a lot more misses than hits, but in my 30s I hit my cooking stride and I'm actually quite good, if I say so myself. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most after graduation is really studying and getting into food. There's so much out there to learn and I'm an obsessed autodidactic!  So on the menu for tonight is shrimp etouffee from scratch and dulce de leche salted caramel cheesecake bars for dessert!! I love cooking but not as much as I love eating!! Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment